Living in the U.S.
Managing Your Money
Your HAESF scholarship award, determined in advanced is only meant to cover basic living expenses for a comfortable standard of living on a student budget.
In general, cash awards are meant to cover the following:
- room and board (shared accommodations)
- local transportation
- personal allowance
- 10-day “settling-down” expenses
Awards do NOT cover:
- vacation/ leisurely travel in the U.S.
- gift or pleasure shopping
- additional expenses that pertain to lifestyle preferences
You are expected to budget for your expenses responsibly and make conscientious decisions if you plan on saving some money for additional personal spending, including traveling.