Thank you for your interest in applying to the Hungarian-American Enterprise Scholarship Fund (HAESF) Entrepreneurship Program. The following checklist will help you gather the documents required to complete your application. You must complete the application in its entirety and submit all required documents by the published deadline. If you have questions while you are working on your application, please see the application overview page and/or contact us: email@example.com.
HAESF Entrepreneurship Application Checklist
- Application: Download the form here, complete it, and save it (PDF).
- Passport-Sized Photo (JPG)
- American-Style Résumé or CV (PDF)
- Copy of Diploma(s) (PDF or JPG)
- Proof of English Proficiency (PDF)
- Cambridge University advanced test results
- Any language certification that is considered official in Hungary as per the regulations of NYAK (National Language Accreditation Center)
- Professional Recommendation Letter (PDF):
The Professional Recommendation Letter should be written in or translated into English and discuss the following issues:
- Nature of the relationship with the applicant
- Assessment of the applicant’s character, abilities, strengths, and weaknesses
- Appropriateness of practical training to the applicant’s business and future goals
- Personal Statement (PDF)
The Entrepreneurship Development Program is a competitive scholarship, and considerable weight is given to this statement in the selection of candidates. Your personal statement is your introduction to the HAESF selection committee and is an important evaluation tool. The statement should produce a picture of you as a person and as a potential HAESF participant. Your personal statement should be no more than 500-800 words and should:
- Describe yourself and your personal qualities, strengths and weaknesses, and professional skills that will help you excel in a traineeship at an American company.
- Describe your motivation to become an entrepreneur.
- Proposal (PDF)
The Business Proposal is a core document in the application process; it will provide information on your business idea and is an important evaluation tool. The Business Proposal should be about 1,200-1,500 words and should outline your business idea based on the following:
- Include an Executive Summary of your business idea
- the opportunity for your business
- your competition
- your customers
- your own offerings (services or products)
- why the present time is crucial for the execution of your idea
- the future of your idea and the impact you hope to have on Hungary
- how you hope to make your idea profitable
You must submit ALL of the required documents at the same time. Ready?
For all application questions, please contact: