Thank you for your interest in applying to the Hungarian-American Enterprise Scholarship Fund (HAESF) Professional Internship Program. The following checklist will help you gather the documents required to complete your application. You must complete the application in its entirety and submit all required documents by the published deadline.
HAESF Professional Internship Application Checklist
- Application: Download the form here, complete it, and save it (PDF).
- Passport-Sized Photo: (JPG).
- Résumé or CV: (PDF)
- Copy of University Transcript(s) and/or Diploma(s): (PDF or JPG)
- Proof of English Proficiency: (PDF)
Possible options include, but are not limited to:
- Any B2 Level (or higher) complex language certification that is considered official in Hungary per the regulations of NYAK
- Cambridge University advanced test results
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher
- Academic Recommendation Letter: (PDF)
- Professional Recommendation Letter: (PDF)
Academic and Professional Recommendation Letters should be written in or translated into English and discuss the following issues:
- Nature of the relationship with the applicant
- Assessment of the applicant’s character, abilities, strengths, and weaknesses
- Assessment of English language communication skills
- Appropriateness of internship/practical training to the applicant’s career and future goals
- Personal Statement: (PDF)
The HAESF Professional Internship Program is a competitive scholarship, and considerable weight is given to this statement in the selection of candidates. Your personal statement is your introduction to the HAESF selection committee and is an important evaluation tool. The statement should produce a picture of you as a person and as a potential HAESF internship participant. Your personal statement should be no more than 800-1200 words and should:
- Describe your career goals, explain your area(s) of professional interest and why these particular areas are of interest to you.
- Describe yourself, your personal qualities, strengths and weaknesses, and professional skills that will help you excel in an internship at an American company.
- Explain what challenges or problems the industry you are interested will face in the upcoming years. Explain what solutions or improvements you would propose to successfully address those issues.
- Explain how your participation will help fulfill your future career goals and how your participation will contribute to Hungary.
You must submit ALL of the required documents at the same time. Ready?
For all application questions, please contact: