Who can apply?
- full time students who have completed at least three years out of a five year university degree program and are currently active students,
- or, full time students who have completed three years out of a 3+2 year program and are currently active students in their master program in the same or related discipline,
- or, full time PhD students who started their PhD studies within 12 months of completing their previous university degree program,
- or, graduates of a five year university program who graduated no more than six months before the application deadline,
- or, graduates of a master degree program who started their master studies within one year of completing their bachelor program and graduated no more than six months before the application deadline.
Applicants must pursue studies at a Hungarian accredited university to be eligible to apply. Applicants completing college-level studies are not eligible to apply.
Candidates from the following fields are encouraged to apply:
- Business, Economics and Finance
- Public Administration
- Natural and Social Sciences
- Exact Sciences: Engineering, Architecture, Math, Information Technology etc.
- Public Health
- Medicine (medical students eligible, restrictions apply)
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
The Professional Internship Program is also open to candidates who can demonstrate a significant potential of contribution to Hungarian development in the following fields:
- Arts and Culture
- Library Science, Counseling and Education (teachers are not eligible)
- Media and Communications
- Applicants must be Hungarian citizens with permanent residency in Hungary.
- Level of English must be sufficient to perform in a native English-speaking work environment. Short term intensive English programs available. Applicants with a minimum documented upper-intermediate English level are encouraged to apply. (Official language certification is a must, see under Application Process)
- Relatives and immediate family members of HAESF employees, the HAESF Advisory Board, and the HAESF and HAEF Boards are not eligible to apply.